Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'll admit it.

I never miss an episode of Location Location Location, Relocation, Relocation, How not to decorate,or any other British Decor show that is now airing in Canada.
I believe that I am a displaced person. My father, and his father before him, my maternal grandparents were all born in the UK. Somehwere along the line, someone decided to immigrate to Canada, which in turn changed my destiny. I have always thought of myself as a true blue Canadian. I know nothing else.
However, as I get older, I am increasingly drawn to all things British. My favorite place in British Columbia is Victoria BC, which is in essence a little Britain.
The decorating shows are a little look into everyday life in England, Scotland and Wales, and sometimes Ireland.
I have even been known to sit with my digital camera in front of the TV trying to capture a 'chocolate box' cottage in the Cotswold, or a Georgian Flat in London.

I have googled Kirstie Allsopp, and Phil Spencer, and searched the Realestate sites for interior pictures of homes for sale in the UK.

I have seen many exterior doors painted blue on these television shows; and I have fallen in love with them. We dont have blue doors like that in Canada. We have navy blue, or heritage americana blue doors, but not the lively bright blue doors of the terraced flats, and semi detached and many other buildings I see in the background as the shows unfold.
Here you go Canada. A blue door for you compliments of me. I love it! My new blue door.

2 comments:

Bob said...

That BLUE door look familiar!! I like your blog, I like everyday stuff - don't forget the scandle bits though LOL! Bob.

Rosie said...

Hi Lois, great that you have started to write your blog again. So that is the blue door - it looks wonderful - just as I imagined :)

Will be back to read more.