I will just say it. I hate cats! I haven't always. I loved them as a child and even as a young adult. I have had many cats in my life. I have loved them, lost them, spent money on them, sat by them while they gave birth! (Thats devotion). However, I have decided that I dont want to have cats anymore.
The straw that broke this camels back happened to come yesterday. I purchased a beautiful shag blue and cream throw rug for the inside of my front door the other day. It was scarcely a day old when I noticed an indented circle right in the middle. A cat, I will never know if it was the neighbours 'Tom' that spends his life trying to sneak into our front door when we aren't looking that did the deed, or if it was one of our two cats. I rather think it was ours.
The next door 'Tom' is much more content to 'spray' along the front door of my house, and if he does get inside, he dashes behind the couch, and sprays the upholstery.
Yesterday I spend considerable time, with the lights out, blinds closed, black light bulb attached to table lamp, crawling along the floor, shining the light on probable areas, looking for 'cat spray'!!!
The worst thing is I found it. Well I knew it was there, the smell is intolerable.
I am thankful for a product called Natures Miracle, that gets the smell out. I think, I hope!!!!!!!
Tomorrow I am taking our cat that I think is the offender of the 'peeing in the house' to the Humane Society. YOu can call me mean,irresponsible, or 'animal hater', the people at the Humane Society can snub their noses at me for abandoning this cat, but I have had it up to my ears with cat smells, ruined carpets, cat poop in the attic, hair on the couch, and kitty foot prints on the kitchen counter. I have never seen her up there, but her tracks do give her away! I suppose this cat has these habits for what she feels are very good reasons, I could spend time analysing this behaviour of hers, but I just cant muster any desire to. I think she is actually doing all these things, because she is a cat, and cats have good reasons for what they do. It is just that I am done. I am calling it quits on our relationship. People do that all the time in human terms. I have grown past her behaviours and have moved on. I now want different things out of life than she does. A normal smelling home, company without hair sticking to their bottoms when they leave our house. I could go on.
This will leave us with one cat. She belongs to my teenage daughter, whom has told me that she will never forgive me if I give 'her' cat away. In this case I believe her; So have decided to try and live life with one cat instead of two and see if that is more bearable.
The neighbours cat will have to be dealt with in another manner. I have to think that one through because I like my neighbours a lot and they 'love' their cat. A tricky situation. Any suggestions?

2 comments:
Oh dear... can't say that we are cat fans in our household- so I can completly understand your frustration! Don't even get Ken started on the neighbours cats! They've already tried to claim underneath our porch as their litter box! Ken has invested in something called "critter ridder"... I'll let you know how it works!
Lois, I don't blame you a bit for feeling that way about all of the stuff you have had to put up with and not wanting to live with it any more. Quit feeling bad about it. I love cats, but cats are animals! And they have animal behaviors, not human behaviors! Just be glad for the humane society. Forget the animals and enjoy the people:) in your life. Cindy
Post a Comment