This little number was sitting there looking pretty wonderful amidst all the other 'french type' 'shabby chic' type decor in the store.

Would it do? Is it what I want? The colour goes. Not sure about the painted white wood? The price is good.
First mistake. Made a snap desicion that this was the couch and loveseat that I would part with my hard earned money for.
I retrospect, if I had of come home for the day, slept on the decision, I probably would have realized that it wasn't quite what I wanted.
My poor husband just shook his head, when he found out that I had advertized it on Craisglist, just a month or two after I had bought it.
Why did you buy it if you didnt like it? was his question. It was all pretty straight forward to him. He just doesnt know what its like to get caught up in the 'ambience' of a well layed out decor store, and think, "this is just what I want my room to look/feel like. Only to get home, and realize that 'Oh dear, I am not quite ready to have all the things around my home that made this couch set look great in the store'. Here at home it looks okay, but definitely a little dated, and out of place.
I am thankful to say it sold at asking price not too long afterwards. Picked up and paid in cash; leaving a nice space for my Eldest D's couch to sit for a while until she sorts her upside down life out.
Now if she lies on the couch with her running shoes on, and has an occaisional weep on the upholstery, (at least we have gotten down to the occaisional weep now, when I took this photo, the tears were pretty much a fixture on her face.) I dont have to get cross at her, becuase it is her couch she is doing it to. In this case it was mine.

The photo was to remind me that I still had 'children' that needed to be told to get off the couch with your shoes on!!! even if they were adults, and to remember how sad she was. Why would I want to take a photo of that! Who knows. It was the best front view of the couch, so here it is.
Later . . .
An addict of Craigslist, I found it!!!! We dont have space for it, but I want it!! for when we do.
Last night after my husband had worked a long week at work, we loaded baby in the work truck and headed the hour long drive into Downtown Vancovuer. I had spied the couch that I had to have. White leather!!!!!!! It looked fab, the price was right.
I do have a long suffering hubby.
Short story . . .we found a parking spot, rang the buzzer, went 7 floors up to a miniscule apartment on the busiest street on a friday night in Van, to find the perfect couch . . . . with so much wear on the seating area (NOT PICTURED IN THE AD!!!) Why do people not advertize things as they really are?
we had to leave it there.We spent the rest of the evening bumbling along R@bson Street. Had some great Japanese food, breathed in the sights and smells of Vancovuer at night, and had a quiet drive home while the baby slept in her carseat.
Patience. It think it is my husband that needs the patience. This is all just play for me.

1 comment:
I'm exactly the same. Very clever marketing and shop displays make for a very frustrated husband who can't work quick enough to put money into the bank account before I'm off spending it!!!
Glad you managed to sell your couch but it was a shame the white leather one wasn't to be. Sounds like you had a good time though and some good food!
Jane. x
Post a Comment