Friday, September 26, 2008

Magazine covers

I know that a lot of people have been doing this on their blogs lately, (the link is below) but now that I have wasted a few minutes doing it; I decided it was pretty fun. Have a go. Let me know if you try it, so I dont miss your creation.

This is my backyard. I have a candle (chandelier) hanging from the tree above the table, but it is not very visable. It looks pretty at night, when we are out in the yard.
I wasnt too thrilled about eating at the table though, with the candles on, as I envisioned caterpillers falling into my food.



Heres a before photo of our backyard, shortly after we moved in, before 'taking away everything we didnt like'



Make your own magazine cover


My backyard is just a large, mostly bare lot. The previous owners had grapes and more grapes planted everywhere. They loved making their own wine. I prefer doing what we did tonight; just popping into the local liquor store and buying a bottle. We have saved two vines that were in areas that we liked,


but otherwise have taken everything else out. We have cut down a few trees and encouraged the grass to grow where there had been a huge vegetable garden. I dont think I will get too much past a few tomatoe plants, some beans and peas, and some pumpkins for the grandkids, so the huge vegetable plot had to go.

I envision a lovely English Garden when I am done, hence the inspiration for my 'pretend' magazine cover.

5 comments:

Petticoat Lane said...

Lois, your garden looks great, you've worked so hard on it. Where ever do you find the time??
Just caught up on your blog. The picture of your little one on that spice rack really made me laugh! You're right, she'll be just fine, how inventive.
Take care
Jane. x
P.S May have to have a go at the magazine.

Anonymous said...

Lovely..thank you so much for visiting my blog..I will take a good look at yours tonight!!
;-) Sal UK

Rosie said...

I'm really impressed with your garden, Lois - you have worked hard to achieve so many changes - it looks lovely. I'm going to have a look at the magazine cover thing now:)

Rob said...

Hi Lois, the grapes look well, do they manage to get ripe? I have a vine outside but the grapes never get ripe for picking. Because I enjoy visiting and reading what you write I've decided to give you an award, if you wish to collect it visit my blog. Best wishes, Bob.

Rosie said...

It looks a lovely garden or backyard as you call it. I would love to have one like that. I might just have a go at the magazine cover.