Friday, October 5, 2007

Come with me to town

I had to take a drive into town today, so took my camera along for a few shots of the beautiful valley that I live in. This photo is taken after I have left my Village in the flats, and stopped on the hills above it.
This is the main street in our town Abbotsford (City in the Country) it is called. To my right is a mall with Sears, and The Bay, and many other shops.

I finished my errand which was ordering wall paper for our library/TV room, and am heading back out of town down into the Village to home. About 15 minutes drive.

As soon as we get to the bottom of this hill we are in farm land. Most of the family dairy farms that have been there for years are dissapearing, and in their place blue berries are being planted. Acres and acres of them. Most of the blue berry farms are owned by East Indian farmer families. Several families will live on what used to house at the most a dairy farmer, and his workers family. All the available land on the property will be turned into berries.

Below is one beautiful dairy barn still standing. The owners have kept the barn roofed, and painted, but to my knowledge it is not a working farm. The land beside it is for hay, probably rented by a remaining dairy farmer.
Our village is just one street with three street going off it. There are 80 homes in total, a post office and a school. A community hall for dances, and an Evangelical Church on Sundays.
It is quit a busy road, and in the 15 years I have lived here, has become more so.

There I am home now, I think my little cottage is just the best, tucked in beside this church. I can see that I have company. My married daughter. Thats pretty normal for her to pop in during the day, as she just lives about 3 kilometers away, and her kids go to the school in the Village. She also doesn't have a computer at home right now, so I am seeing her more than usual.!!

Thanks for coming with me. It's Thanksgiving this weekend, my turkey is in the freezer. I am looking forward to my husband being home for 3 days.






2 comments:

Rosie said...

I enjoyed visiting town with you, Lois. Your photos are wonderful. How delightful to live next to the lovely church. Enjoyed looking at the photos in your garden post too - how lucky you are to have such a beautiful home and garden.

Dorcas said...

What a great tour of where you live. It is so pretty with the mountains in the background. Your cottage is so cute and what a gorgeous little church to live beside. Its nice to have family so close so they can come and visit.