
This is a look around my garden. We have only lived here since December of 2006. The people before us were avid gardeners, but also dedicated junk collectors. We took 11 pickup loads full to the city dump, of broken pots, bins, old sinks, I can't remember all the things they had just left piled up.
We may have rid the property of garbage, but I am afraid that we haven't done any favors to the gardening aspect of the yard.
I have manaaged to keep the lawn cut, with life as busy as it was for us this year, I wasn't able to concentrate on getting the yard into shape.
Today one baby left our home to go to a more permanent arrangment. I am hoping that this will leave me with a little more energy to tackle some outside tidying before the winter comes.
The picture below is of my full clematis vine, that didnt produce a single f
lower??? I know that when I viewed the house late last summer, before we bought it, this plant was full of a dark purple bloom?? What did I do to it.
This photo is of my Kiwi plant, seeminly 2o years old. This tree was also loaded with Kiwi, when we viewed the house last year. However, I have googled what may have been the problem, and I am embarrassed to admit that I cut its husband down, because I thought that 2 kiwi trees were a bit much in front of the side windows! Now you know how much I know about horticulture. I can only hope that the new growth on the stump of the tree I so cruelly sacrificed will grow up to provide this lovely kiwi vine with a male species and that I will see some flowers again, and eat of its fruit once more.





1 comment:
Your yard is very big. I love the idea of the bike, and your shed looks very neat all weather worn. I am sure you will have tons of fun doing new beds etc.
Post a Comment