Saturday, October 13, 2007

We're already there.

As soon as this little camper leaves the driveway, and we head out of our Village, we are already where we are going.

I bought this Cadet camper off my mom, later I found out that others in the family might have wanted it, and it took a little time to sort that out. That meant for me that it took a little time for me to actually decide to enjoy it as my getting it almost started family feud # 0001210. I am not good at conflict, so a little bit of the joy of acquiring this 'toy' went out the window.
However, today we made up for that. I was in my own little heaven.
  • The lake is Harrison Lake about 35 minutes drive from where I live. Magnificant!
  • The day was beautiful, no coats even.
  • The menu was boiled eggs, buttered bread, tinned fruit from home, and chocolate donuts from the gas station store on the way up.
  • The baby was with us, as it was only a practise run, and we didnt want to waste babysitting offers on our first trip.
  • It was a little piece of tranquility in our crazy busy lives.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

what an absolutely beautiful place Harrison Lake looks and so close to home. Glad you are enjoying using the camper van - baby looks so content and you all look as if you had a great time:) Heaven indeed.

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh I'd love to have a little camper like that. It's just perfect for two and a "bit".
The pictures are jsut wonderful.

I had lost you for a bit, I'm glad to have found your blog again. I do enjoy your pictures so.

Anonymous said...

What a little sweetheart! She does look to be enjoying your day out.

Your caravan is the perfect size for adventures ~ so much better than those huge campers.

I found your lovely blog from a comment you left on Ramblings From An English Garden ~ I agree, Canadian pubs are nothing like the ones in the U.K.

Marie x

Dorcas said...

Lois, I am so happy for you and Mark. You look like the perfect match to that cute little trailer.
"Happy Camping!"

Barbara said...

What fun and such a beautiful baby.
The scenery from your sister's facebook is stunning.

Our pubs years ago used to be more like you are describing but nowadays they are mostly family friendly (although children are not allowed in the bar areas). I think therre are probably still some inner city places that would be like you are describing.