The town is called Chilliwack. My Dad used to call it 'cold swat' to us when we were kids.
The drive was to go to a shop I had seen a few weeks earlier when a friend had taken us for a drive. I made a mental note of where it was, and filed it away for when I would have some time to myself.
It is a tea shop, museum, gift shop combined. I wasn't overly impressed with the ambience, or lack thereof, but it was a morning out, and I was by myself.

I got a call from the person who supervises baby's visits, saying it was cut short, and when would I be home so she could drop the baby off. GGGRRRRR! I ordered my Curried Veg. Roll, my Empire Buscuits, a few little quiche to go, and turned the car back towards home.
If I were to not show up with Baby ready for a visit, that would certainly go against me. If Birthmom doesnt show, or leaves early, doesnt seem to be a problem.
Oh dear I am sounding a bit gripy, but the shop did disappoint, and my 4 hours off were cut into 2, so I guess its okay if I grouse a little.
I'll just pop in a photo of my new rubber boots. They make me happy just looking at them.

Take care

4 comments:
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.
Just been reading through yours, my goodness you've had such a hard time recently. I hope you are starting to feel a little stronger now.
My mother-in-law suffered like your father a little while back and her passing was so painful for everyone around her. Sometimes a strong heart (In medical terms) isn't such a great thing!
What you say about the birth mother and your rights is so true. Why does it work like that? it's so unfair.
One ray of sunshine...the Wellingtons. I'm a sucker for wellingtons and they're fab!. I got a great pair of bule and white spotty ones the other day.
Keep smiling
Jane. x
Sorry, me again,
Meant to say...What a foolish, foolish man...Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
What a shame the shop was a disappointment.I live in Kent where Dickens lived and wrote some of his books. Love the Wellington Boots as they are known here. I have left a gift for you on my blog.
Hi there - I have read back through your previous posts and I am so sorry you have had such a rough time - especially with your Dad, but hold onto the good times - your memories will always be there to comfort you. Your Daughter looks like a lovely young woman, and what great looking kids - she will get through it - it will be hard at first but it won't be long before she realises how much better off she is. - Great wellies too by the way - take care - Natalie x
Post a Comment