Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year


A white Christmas, and New Year is rare for us. It is Jan 3 2008 and the snow is falling in large floating flakes.
It's late at night and I have just had a soak in the hot tub in the backyard. It was wonderful as usual, but a bit strange to have 107 degree water around ones body and snowflakes falling on ones head.
The snow always makes our little village quieter than it normally is, as the traffic is lessened along the main road.
It is peaceful here at this moment. An easy time to reflect. I'm lonely right now, having a 'almost' two year old has isolated me from life somewhat, and I need to do something about that this year.
2008 held many losses for me, but these losses also brought my husband and I closer, and for that I can be thankful. Sometimes hard times have the opposite effect, so I am grateful.
The other day I was feeling rather down that both of my kids marriges had ended, and then I had a thought, even the Queen of England's 3 children didnt stay married! My husband had a chuckle at me when I told him that this thought comforted me; knowing that she must have felt some of the same pain I did. I have something in common with the Queen. That should always lift ones spirits. Well that depends on what you think of the Queen I suppose.
I am looking forward to a New Year. I have learned to enjoy the good moments moreso this year. I am looking forward to many good moments in 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lois, Sorry you feel lonely at the moment. But hey fancy having something in common with our queen. Can't be all bad. It's not nice having to watch your children going through the heartbreak of relationships breaking up. At the time it is horrible but hopefully in the future they will meet someone who will make them happy and possibly even happier than they ever where before.
We finally had some snow too today on two weeks late and on my first day back at work.