Monday, August 3, 2009

Front Porch Visitors


A very persistent Robin decided to make a nest above our front porch light. My hubby cleared it away at least 4 times, but the little bird was relentless. I finally took pity on her and we decided that the nest would stay. My hubby was concerned about the mess on the front porch, but I assured him that I would be vigilant about cleaning up after this momma.



It has turned out to be a fascination, and I even saw my hubby standing precariously on a chair trying to get the perfect photo of what was inside this little nest.



Wow, amazing, no shells left and no shells on the ground! What did the mother bird do with them? So far she hasn't made a single bit of mess on the porch, but we will wait until the baby birds get a little older and see if they are a little messier than their momma.



1 comment:

Rosie said...

Amazing photo's and what a lovely colur their eggs were.xx