Monday, October 15, 2007

Produce day

A fixture in our Village. Wongs.
Always has a great selection of fresh local produce.
My husband and I decided that we needed to try and eat a little better again. We go through these stages where we do for a while, and then invariably a box of coke gets into the fridge, donuts are bought, and it is a slippery slope down the junk food trail.
When we did a inventory of what we had eaten last weekend, it was a little alarming to realize how much white flour, and sugar we actually consumed.
Wish us luck, wish us strength, pray for us, I dont know, somehow we have to get a handle on this part of our lives.

All I can say is this box represents a lot of time in the kitchen for me! And therein lies the problem. Not my favorite job. My husband is very old school, and would pass out from hunger if I didnt make him something, I could live on cheese and crackers, and peanut butter sandwiches, so for me this new resolve is all work.

I know there is the reward of feeling better, less achy, less irritable, but I just really enjoyed that strawberry, whipped cream cinnamon taco dessert we had at the Mexican resturant last night.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wishing you every success in your new eating regime. Don't leave the odd treat out though!